Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mothers Day Quote: The Funny Stages of Motherhood

*** Views today: 9,034 and Thank You!



Photo by David Prior @ flickr


From Denny: Just in time to celebrate Mothers Day! This is a special quote about the stages of our lives in relationship to a person who figures prominently in our lives, for better or for worse: Mother.

When you were a child did you ever notice that your parents were growing up with you? That was a pretty astonishing observation that practically knocked me over when it struck my mind for a new awareness. I was three years old.

I soon realized that childhood was not all it was promised to be. From then on I started parenting my parents when they were so stressed they couldn't make decisions and move forward to resolve the situations. If my parents' friends and bosses only knew... :) Who said mothering only applied in the traditional sense?





The Stages Of Motherhood


4 Years Of Age - My Mommy can do anything
8 Years Of Age - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot
12 Years Of Age - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything
14 Years Of Age - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that either
16 Years Of Age - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned
18 Years Of Age - That old woman? She's way out of date
25 Years Of Age - Well, she might know a little bit about it
35 Years Of Age - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion
45 Years Of Age - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it
65 Years Of Age - Wish I could talk it over with Mom...


*** Make sure to pay a visit to The Mother Post for all the funny links from several other Mothers Day posts to enjoy:

Funny Mothers Day Quotes and Trivia - Cheeky Quote Day 28 Apr 2010


*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
Related Posts with Thumbnails